Current Care Package List Spring/Summer 2013
Tuesday, May 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM MST
Contributed by: Keystone
- Power Bars, trail mix, and healthy snacks.
- Slim Jims, *Beef or Turkey Jerky and pepperoni sticks.
- Sunflower Seeds & all types of nuts.
- Pretzels in small bags.
- **Individual snacks like crackers, cookies, cheese/cracker kits. No potato chips please, they crush easily.
- Drink mix for bottled water. Preferred is Gatorade, Propel, Crystal Light or any energy drink.
- 5 Hour Energy drinks or similar energy drinks.
- Tuna, chicken, salmon or beef pouches of meat that are shelf stable. Cans are ok if they have pop tops.
- Small boxes or cups of cereal & canned or powdered milk.
- Ramen Noodles and disposable cups or bowls.
- Individual hot foods like oatmeal, cream of wheat, easy mac, soups, stews and canned pasta meals. POP TOP cans please!
- Tylenol, aspirin, Dayquil, Nyquil, eye drops, nasal spray, vitamins and protein drink mixes. Small manicure kits & first aid kits.
- Pocket size notebooks & index cards.
- Mens and Ladies underwear in sizes Small, Med, Large. Mens XL too. Mens boxers & Tshirts. Ladies briefs or bikinis & Tshirts.
- Mens and Ladies calf high socks or boot socks in black or white. Cotton or wool preferred.
- **New or used game systems like PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360.
- **Video games and controllers for PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.
- Small hand-held video games like poker, solitaire, slingo, etc.
- **Decks of cards, dice or small pocket size games.
- Small pocket size notebooks, mechanical pencils & markers.
- 4GB, 8GB or 16GB thumb drives.
- **DVDs - New or used are fine. Current releases are appreciated.
- AT&T phone cards which can be purchased at AAFES and shipped to us for distribution.
- ****Money for shipping costs. Please!
** = Items most needed or requested by the troops!
****Monetary donations are needed to help us ship the care packages. This is always our biggest need by far. Shipping costs have increased and it doesn't matter how much "stuff" we have if we don't have money to ship it. We really need to be able to get the packages out every week. There are hundreds of troops who are counting on us to send them some love and cheer from home! We have over 200 requests for assistance since Christmas! Every $15.00 ships 1 box to an individual military member. Every $45.00 ships a large unit box that will cover several of our troops in need.
We are NOT accepting any books right now. NO aerosol cans please! NO silly string!
**Please note: 1) The U.S. Postal Service regulations do not allow anything in aerosol cans to be shipped. 2) Shipping currently takes about 10-18 days to the combat zones. It takes us about a week to get everything sorted and boxed. Please keep this in mind when you are checking expiration dates on food items. We will not ship expired food items!
You can print this list to share with others or take shopping with you by clicking the link in the article that looks like a printer! You are welcome to print as many copies as you like so please pass them on to others who are interested in supporting our troops.We also have instructions for how to set up a donation collection at the top of our home page. Click here!
If you have questions please call us or send us an email! We appreciate your support for our troops and for Keystone Soldiers!